Individual Assignment Submitted: 1/27/06 [Paper Link|http://designedtoinspire.com/drupal/files/511MaddrellW3_0.doc]
Name of organization: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
· About AACE: Per web site: "An international, educational and professional not-for profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the knowledge, theory, and quality of learning and teaching at all levels with information technology. This purpose of AACE is accomplished through the encouragement of scholarly inquiry related to information technology in education and the dissemination of research results and their applications"
· Membership Profile: Per web site: "Researchers, developers, and practitioners in schools, colleges, and universities; administrators, policy decision-makers, trainers, adult educators, and other specialists in education, industry, and the government with an interest in advancing knowledge and learning with information technology worldwide."
· Association Resources: Journals, online library, listserv and conferences
Publications of Interest and Other Information Options (* regularly published journals):
· International Journal on E-Learning: Corporate, Government, Healthcare & Higher Education*
· WebNet Journal Internet Technologies, Applications and Issues*
· Journal of Interactive Learning Research*
· Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia*
· (online resource) Online Education and InfoTech Library for copies of online journals
· (listserv) EDUCTECH
Editors of Journals: Per web site: "All AACE journal manuscripts are peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers, and usually three reviewers, of the journal's international Editorial Review Board of experts in fields specifically matching the journal topics. Papers are reviewed, double-blind, in full publishable form; no journal manuscripts are accepted based only upon submission of an abstract."
Local / Regional Meetings: None
National Conferences of Interest:
· Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference (03/06)
· World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (06/06)
· E-Learn: (10/06)
Current Address and Contact Information:
Number of subscribers: Web site lists 50,000 listserv participants
Cost of annual membership and subscriptions:
· Membership + 1 Journal: $95 Regular / $60 Student
· Membership + Online Education and InfoTech Library: $175 Regular / $95 Student
· Journals and Publications: Available for purchase by members only at online store